Weekly class (8 weeks x 2 hours/lesson)
Suitable for Beginners
Eiken level 3 and above or comfortable with using English as the primary language in class
An introduction to the basics of computational thinking through a block-based programming language known as Scratch. Build simple games and animations and begin your coding journey today!
KEEPIN’ IT SHORT & SNAPPY
- No experience necessary: Recommended starting course for kids 7+
- In depth intro to block-based programming
- Code for fun! Who says programming can’t be fun?
- Scratch is free online! Continue the learning at home
- Note: This class is cross-listed in a holiday camp format as Start with Scratch
Get creative with animations.
Create interactive simulations like this Piggy Bank to help you keep track of your savings.
Build your own games.
We’ll teach you the basics of game design – use your skills in Scratch to go wild and create your own games!
Code with a purpose
Now that you’ve learnt the basics of Scratch, your next stop will be to establish the firm foundations you’ll need to shoot for the moon with your coding superpowers.
What You'll Learn
Introducing Scratch, a visual programming platform created specifically for kids. It’s a block-based programming language where kids learn to code through a simple drag-and-drop visual interface, lowering the barriers to learning for kids who aren’t yet proficient with using a keyboard.
So basically, Scratch is all the fun of coding, with none of the hassle of typing!
With just a foundational understanding of Scratch, you can learn how to create your own games, animations, stories, quizzes… with coding superpowers, your imagination’s the limit!
- Introduction to Scratch & its interface
- Code a character and move it around
- Sequences, loops and events
- Increase complexity with Conditions and Variables
- Add timers, life counters and scores
- Broadcast messages
- Test and debug using logic and systematic reasoning
- Logical Thinking