Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions
Last updated: May 2021
By enrolling in any course offered by Saturday Kids Japan, the student and/or his/her parents/guardians acknowledge and agree to our Terms and Conditions as specified below. Saturday Kids Japan reserves the right to update and change the Terms and Conditions at any time.
Terms and Conditions: Holiday Camps/workshops, Regular Term Classes and One-off Workshops
Please note that the use of the term “class” and “classes” refers to holiday camps/workshops, regular term classes, and one-off workshops conducted by Saturday Kids Japan in Japan.
- The student’s enrollment is only confirmed when registration on our online system and payment are complete.
- Saturday Kids Japan reserves the right to combine classes (as long as it’s the same course) of different age groups as deemed appropriate or necessary. In the event that classes are combined, Saturday Kids Japan will notify the parents/ guardians of the changes either through email or phone call at least 7 days before the first day of class.
- Saturday Kids Japan reserves the right to update instructor allocation, course fees, course duration and curriculum content as deemed appropriate or necessary.
- Promotional codes cannot be combined with other existing or ongoing promotions unless otherwise specified.
- All materials, such as laptops and the various learning kits provided by Saturday Kids Japan are for in-class use only, unless otherwise stated in the respective course descriptions.
- No refund will be processed for any promotional discount missed, withdrawals from classes or missed classes.
The minimum number of students required for a class to be confirmed is 4. In the event of low sign-ups, Saturday Kids Japan will notify parents & guardians 14 days prior to the class starting. We reserve the right to cancel a class 7 days before the class commences if the number of students is below the minimum requirements, in which case the course fee that was paid will be refunded in full.
We have specially amended our cancellation policy for 2021 Summer camps bookings only. For withdrawals from the 2021 Summer camp, a full refund will be made as long as a withdrawal notice is submitted via email at least 3 days prior to the start of the class.
For all other times, our regular withdrawal policy will remain as follows:
We strive to maintain a low instructor-to-student ratio and hence we value every seat that we offer. Due to limited seats, the following policy will apply, and in the event of any dispute, Saturday Kids Japan reserves the right to make the final decision.
- Withdrawal at least 14 days prior to class starting: 100% credit note of the amount paid (e.g. if the class starts on December 1, and cancellation is done no later than November 16).
- Withdrawal within 14 days before classes start: 50% credit note of the amount paid.
- Notice of withdrawal on the 1st day of camp: 50% credit note on amount paid.
- Withdrawals after classes have commenced are only applicable to the following circumstances:
- Withdrawal due to serious illness or injury resulting in your child missing 2 or more consecutive days of holiday camps, or 3 consecutive weeks of term classes. Saturday Kids Japan will offer the option of a prorated credit note for the classes missed or to transfer to an alternative schedule subject to availability.
- Withdrawal requests will have to be made in writing at least 12-hours before the withdrawal deadlines above, by sending us an email at [email protected] along with the respective documentation (e.g. medical certificates).
- Termination requests will have to be made in writing a month in advance, by sending us an email at [email protected]
Rebooking & Transfers
- We will allow for 1 change in your registration up to 48-hours prior to class starting (e.g change in location, time or course), subject to availability. Subsequent changes will be subject to a 2000 yen administrative fee per change. Requests have to be made in writing by sending us an email at [email protected].
- Credit notes are valid for 12 months upon issuance and can be used towards any class that you want to sign up for within the validity period.
- In the event that the class that you want to sign up for has a higher course fee, you will be required to pay the difference.
- If the class that you want to sign up for has a lower course fee, then the credits may be used in part. Please note that the validity date will still remain the same and will not be extended.
- Credit notes can be transferred to friends and family. Requests have to be made in writing by sending us an email at [email protected].
Make-Up Classes (Holiday Camps/Workshops)
- Due to the nature of the holiday camp/workshop format, we are unable to offer make-up classes during this period. Any alternative arrangements (e.g. joining another class at a different location/day) are arranged as a goodwill gesture and are strictly subject to availability. Should the arrangement not be available, there will not be any refund or credit note provided.
- Absence without notice will not be eligible for any alternative arrangements. All requests have to be made in writing prior to the class starting, by sending us an email at [email protected]
Make-Up Classes (Regular Term Classes)
- Students are allowed 1 make-up class during the term period, and can choose from the following options:
- To join another class of their same level and curriculum progression, at any Saturday Kids Japan location during the same week. Please note that this is subject to availability of seats.
- If no alternative class is available, the student may schedule a 1-hour make-up class at our main classroom located at Nakameguro. All requests need to be made in writing by sending us an email at [email protected] at least 7 days in advance.
- The above make-up arrangements are subject to the following conditions:
- Make-up class has to be taken before the next scheduled class, otherwise it will be forfeited.
- Absence without notice will not be eligible for make-up class arrangements. All requests have to be made in writing prior to the class starting, by sending us an email at [email protected]
- Absence due to illness or injury, will require a medical certificate to qualify for make-up class arrangements.
- Instructor assigned for the make-up session might not be the same instructor that taught the missed class.
- No refunds will be processed for any missed classes.
- In the event of any dispute, Saturday Kids Japan reserves the right to make the final decision.
Discipline and Safety
- Parents/Guardians are solely responsible for the safety of the student before and after class. Students are welcomed to arrive 15-min prior to the start of the class to settle in, and should be picked up no later than 15-min after the class ends.
- It is the responsibility of parents/guardians to inform Saturday Kids Japan if the student has any medical conditions that may require special attention.
- In the event of a serious accident that may require immediate medical attention, Saturday Kids Japan might bring your child to the nearest clinic/hospital. By enrolling in Saturday Kids Japan, you have given us consent to do so and parents/guardians will be notified immediately.
- In the event where a student causes damage to any Saturday Kids Japan’s property, the parents/guardians will be notified and are responsible to pay for the associated costs and damages (based on the market value) arising from the incident.
Photograph and Film Materials
- Saturday Kids Japan may take photographs/video recordings of the class and its students and/or parents/guardians for educational, training and promotional purposes.
- If you wish for you or your child to not be featured in any educational, training and/or promotional materials, please send us an email at [email protected] before the start of the first day of class.
Saturday Kids COVID-19 Policy
In light of the COVID-19 situation, we wanted to keep you up to speed with the measures we’re introducing in our classes to keep your kids safe and healthy. Effective immediately, we will be implementing the following measures in all our classes, including our Spring workshops:
- Taking the temperature of every student, parent and staff entering our classrooms. Anyone with a fever or flu-like symptoms will be refused entry, with parents and/or guardians being informed where necessary.
- Sanitising the hands of all students and staff at our classrooms at regular and consistent intervals.
- Staff who have travelled to highly affected countries based on official national advisories from the Japanese Ministry of Healthwithin the last 14 days, or who have had sustained contact with someone who’s come from these countries to Japan, will be placed on a 14 day leave of absence from all our locations.
- Students who have travelled to highly affected countries within the last 14 days, or who have had sustained contact (e.g. live with) with someone who’s come from these countries to Japan are also required to take a 14 day ‘leave of absence’ from Saturday Kids. Please inform us as soon as possible if this applies to your child.
- We will sanitize and disinfect all classroom equipment & materials which come into contact by students in between every class.
But as we practice caution in our classrooms, the learning shouldn’t come to a stop! Our classes are still going on as usual. Rest assured that we’ve got you and your kids covered as we plan for possible scenarios:
- Should your child be placed on a leave of absence or quarantined, make-up classes will be arranged to get your them up to speed.
- In the unlikely event that classes are cancelled before the start of the workshop or weekly class, a cash refund will be provided to parents.
- In the event that classes are cancelled after the workshop or weekly class has started, or if your child is quarantined for an extended period of time, a pro-rated credit note will be provided to ensure your child gets to complete their learning experience at Saturday Kids once they’re ready to return to class.
We understand that the virus situation is constantly evolving. We commit to complying with all prevailing government policies regarding student health and safety, to ensure the comfort and safety of your kids.
We appreciate your support as part of our community – thanks for your cooperation in keeping all the curious kids in our care safe. We’re all in this together!
If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to email us at [email protected]
Be safe and stay curious,
The Saturday Kids Team