Start with Scratch: Your Adventure Begins Here (Online)
Book hereStart a Class
(Online) 2 hours X 8 days
Suitable for Beginners
Intermediate to Fluent (Eiken Level 3 or higher)
(Introductory offer: 40,500 yen)
Be introduced to the basics of computational thinking through a block-based programming language known as Scratch. Build simple games and animations and begin your coding journey today!
All you need to know
Introducing Scratch, a visual programming language created specifically for kids. It’s a block-based programming language so kids learn through a simple drag-and-drop visual interface, making it effortless to follow for those who aren’t as proficient with a keyboard yet.
So basically, Scratch is all the fun of coding with none of the hassle of typing!
With just a foundational understanding of Scratch, you can learn how to create your own games, animations, stories, quizzes…your imagination’s the limit!
Get creative with animations
Create interactive simulations like this Piggy Bank to help you keep track of your savings.
Or just go all out and clone your sprite and have them dance around on the screen. It’s whatever you want to do!
Build your own games
We’ll teach you the basic of game design – use your skills in Scratch to go wild and create your own games! Make it into a #circuitbreaker challenge and have the whole family come together to have some fun. (:
Your child will require:
- A working mic and webcam, in order to participate in the class and for our instructor to check their understanding
- Internet speed of 25Mbps or above. You can check your internet speed here: https://www.speedcheck.org/sg
- Familiarity with basic computer functions, such as: typing on a keyboard, using a mouse, switching between desktop apps and navigating a browser (opening a new tab, entering URLs)
- For students age 5-6, and 7-10, we also recommend that you have an adult member of your household standing by for the first 45 mins of Lesson 1 to assist with any technical difficulties that may arise.
No experience necessary: Recommended starting course for kids 7+
In depth intro to block-based programming
Code for fun! Who says programming can’t be fun?
Scratch is free online! Continue the learning at home
What You'll Learn
- Introduction to Scratch & its interface
- Code a character and move it around
- Sequences, loops and events
- Increase complexity with Conditions and Variables
- Add timers, life counters and scores
- Broadcast messages
- Test and debug using logic and systematic reasoning
- Design Thinking
- Logical Thinking
- Presentation Skills
- Problem Solving
1. My child is new to computers and programming. Will he / she be able to follow?
Of course! Start with Scratch is our recommended introduction to programming course for kids 7 and up. Most of our students come in with no prior programming knowledge and still make awesome projects at the end of the day.
2. My child has done some Scratch programming at school. Should he/she still attend this course?
If you’re not too sure how much your child knows about Scratch programming, email us a link to your child’s Scratch profile and we can take a look and advise you.
3. My child is younger than 7. Can he/she join?
Scratch was designed for 7-10 year olds but is used by people of all ages. Sadly, having a 6 year old in the same class as a 10 year old may not result in the best learning environment for the younger student. If your child is very keen, we can organise separate classes if there is a minimum of 3 participants. Please contact us directly to enquire.
4. I’ve enrolled my child, what will he/she need for the class?
Classes will be conducted via Zoom conferencing. Your child will need a laptop/desktop computer with a webcam/video conferencing and their microphone enabled. We will be using password secured classrooms which will be locked once the class has begun.