Coding the Impossible – Module 0
Book hereBook Now
Weekly Class - 8 weeks, 2 hours per lesson
Holiday Camp - 5 days, 3 hours 15 minutes per lesson
Suitable for Beginners
Eiken level 3 and above or comfortable with using English as the primary language in class
An introduction to the basics of computational thinking through a block-based programming language known as Scratch. Build simple games and animations and begin your coding journey today!
KEEPIN’ IT SHORT & SNAPPY
- No experience necessary: Recommended starting course for kids 7+
- In depth intro to block-based programming
- Code for fun! Who says programming can’t be fun?
- Scratch is free online! Continue the learning at home
- Note: This class is cross-listed in a holiday camp format as Start with Scratch
Get creative with animations.
Create interactive simulations like this Piggy Bank to help you keep track of your savings.
Build your own games.
We’ll teach you the basics of game design – use your skills in Scratch to go wild and create your own games!
Code with a purpose
Now that you’ve learnt the basics of Scratch, your next stop will be to establish the firm foundations you’ll need to shoot for the moon with your coding superpowers.
What You'll Learn
Introducing Scratch, a visual programming platform created specifically for kids. It’s a block-based programming language where kids learn to code through a simple drag-and-drop visual interface, lowering the barriers to learning for kids who aren’t yet proficient with using a keyboard.
So basically, Scratch is all the fun of coding, with none of the hassle of typing!
With just a foundational understanding of Scratch, you can learn how to create your own games, animations, stories, quizzes… with coding superpowers, your imagination’s the limit!
- Introduction to Scratch & its interface
- Code a character and move it around
- Sequences, loops and events
- Increase complexity with Conditions and Variables
- Add timers, life counters and scores
- Broadcast messages
- Test and debug using logic and systematic reasoning
- Logical Thinking
The GIF Gallery
No lectures. No memorisation. No ONE right answer. Like real life, we’re all about trying things out yourself, failing, figuring what went wrong & trying again. These are the skills & mindset that will last a lifetime and how we learn in real life. Let’s get kids to learn how to learn. Because the kids who learn to learn become curious, inventive, resourceful human beings who solve real world problems to make a meaningful impact.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. My child is new to computers and programming. Will he / she be able to follow?
Of course! This is our recommended introduction to programming course for kids 7 and up. Most of our students come in with no prior programming knowledge and they can still make awesome projects at the end of the day.
2. My child has done some Scratch programming at school. Should he/she still attend this course?
If you’re not too sure how much your child knows about Scratch programming, email us a link to your child’s Scratch profile and we can take a look and advise you.
3. My child is younger than 7. Can he / she join?
Scratch was designed for 7-10 year olds but is used by people of all ages. Sadly, having a 6 year old in the same class as a 10 year old may not result in the best learning environment for the younger student. If your child is very keen, we can organise separate classes if there is a minimum of 3 participants. Please contact us directly to enquire.
4. I’ve enrolled my child, what will he/she need to bring?
We’ll provide all equipment and materials, but you may want to bring a jacket and light snacks in case he/she gets hungry.