Warm up & race off into the world of Python programming, where kids learn to create a bunch of fun projects in Python.
KEEPIN’ IT SHORT & SNAPPY
- No prior programming knowledge is required.
- Equivalent to ‘Back to Basics: From Zeroes to Python Heroes’,
kids who have completed it may start with ‘Ready Set Python Module 1‘.
- An introductory Python programming course focused on learning the Python syntax through design thinking and the creation of projects.
Warming up with Python programming
Start off with Python programming language through the introductory course and learn the Python syntax as well as some basic concepts such as functions, loops, and variables. Experience good programming practice and design thinking as we learn through fun projects with Python!
Unraveling the power of binary
You can pretty much code anything with Python, but let’s start off with the basics by learning about binary code and how it works. Take a stab at figuring out how to convert binary numbers into code and vice-versa.
Create Games with Python
Implement concepts such as loops and conditionals to create simple games such as this Rock, Paper, Scissors game with Python Programming. Give it your own twist and add more features to each game to make it your own!
Course Outline by Day
For online format, your child will require:
- A computer or laptop with a working webcam and microphone, in order to participate in class and for our instructor to check their understanding. Kindly avoid sharing devices.
- Internet speed of 25Mbps or above. You can check your internet speed here.
- Familiarity with basic computer functions, such as typing on a keyboard, using a mouse, switching between desktop apps and navigating a browser (opening a new tab, entering URLs)
- To create a Repl.it account before the first class – your child will be using this account for coding.Please create an account here.
- Google Chrome as their default web browser during classes. You may download it here.
- Installing Zoom is recommended for a smoother learning experience. You may do so here.(For macOS computers, please enable these permission settings)
- We also recommend that you have an adult member of your household standing by for the first 45 mins of the first class to assist with any technical difficulties that may arise.
No lectures. No memorisation. No ONE right answer. Like real life, we're all about trying things out yourself, failing, figuring what went wrong & trying again. These are the skills & mindset that will last a lifetime and how we learn in real life. Let's get kids to learn how to learn. Because the kids who learn to learn become curious, inventive, resourceful human beings who solve real world problems to make a meaningful impact.