Dive into the world of HTML, CSS and more to code up interactive web-based projects, starting with your own portfolio site and wiki page.
KEEPIN’ IT SHORT & SNAPPY
- Recommended for kids with programming experience (Start with Scratch or equivalent)
- An intermediate course focussed on the creative application of web technologies to global issues
- Discover how code can be used to explore, analyse and communicate big ideas
- The 1st of 4 progressive modules centered around applying web-based technology to develop impactful projects
- English Level: Eiken Level 3 & above or comfortable with using English as the primary language in class
Welcome to the exciting intersection of where code meets world!
In this first module – Insane Inventions, Brilliant Breakthroughs, and the World Wide Web – kids dive into the world of web-based technologies as they get their hands dirty with HTML, CSS and explore the universe of Github and more.
Over the course of 8 weeks, students will be exposed to eye-opening inventions and scientific breakthroughs that have shaped modern society, and get inspired by the big ideas that shape how we live, work and play today.
Combining this knowledge with their new skills, kids will get creative building their own portfolio site and personal Wiki to showcase what they’ve learned about brilliant breakthroughs, insane inventions, and the world wide web.
Projects like this…
… and this:
Now that you’ve seen how other ordinary people have used their superpowers to change the world, this is just the start! Build on what you’ve learned about coding and the world in the next module: Amazing Animations, Pressing Problems, & Story-telling for Social Impact.
No lectures. No memorisation. No ONE right answer. Like real life, we're all about trying things out yourself, failing, figuring what went wrong & trying again. These are the skills & mindset that will last a lifetime and how we learn in real life. Let's get kids to learn how to learn. Because the kids who learn to learn become curious, inventive, resourceful human beings who solve real world problems to make a meaningful impact.