Explore the city of Machu Picchu, sail the treacherous seas and meet South Africa’s oldest inhabitants. It’s time to combine your wit, snap blocks together and solve puzzles with Scratch programming. All aboard the time machine!
- No experience necessary: Recommended starting course for kids 7+
- In depth intro to block-based programming
- Code with purpose: learn & apply problem solving techniques
- Scratch is free! Continue the learning at home
All you need to know
Adventurers Assemble! The Incas, Vikings, Sumerians and San People need your help!
Travel back in time, use the power of code to improve lives and save the day. With every quest you complete, you’ll grow one step closer to building your own final project at the end that’ll address a real world problem that these civilisations faced. Are you ready to code with purpose?
Your journey will take you far and wide…
From the ancient city of Machu Picchu, where dangers lurk around every corner. Master the motion block to help the Inca villagers avoid vicious beasts & deadly traps to deliver urgent messages to their King.
Sail right to the heart of 7th Century Northern Europe, when the Vikings roamed the seas!
Help the viking chief with your knowledge of variables & counters to collect magical Runestones so he can travel the seas safely and protect his people.
Head deep into the scorching sands of the Kalahari Desert. Use your expertise with conditional logic to help the San People gather and hunt.
That’s just a taste of the adventures you’ll face before you attempt your hardest challenge yet…
Reinvent the course of history with CODE!
Test your mettle. Draw on your experience. Use your coding superpowers for good… in the FINAL QUEST!
Put yourself in the shoes of these historical people to understand their everyday limitations. Then use code to prototype your idea in the form of a story, animation or even an application to help better their lives.
By the end, understand how tech can help make people’s lives so much easier. With all the things you’ve learnt, who knows what you’ll be able to code to make the world a better place!
Oh! The stuff you'll learn
- What’s Scratch
- Code a character to move about
- Sequences, loops and events
- Record, edit and add music
- Increase complexity with Conditions and Variables
- Add timers, life counters and scores
- Broadcast messages
- Test and debug using logic and systematic reasoning
- Presentation time: Share with your parents what you’ve learnt!
Life skills you'll learn
|Recommended Age Group||7-9|
|Lesson Schedule||Holiday Season Limited Program: Mon-Fri 5 days x 3h15min/day|
|Program Fee||¥48,000 (before tax)
*10% discount for Tokyo Mothers’ Group members
*Maximum of 6 students per class
*All equipment and materials are provided
Frequently Asked Questions
1. My child is new to computers and programming. Will he / she be able to follow?
Yes! Start with Scratch is our recommended introduction to programming course for kids 7 and up. Most of our students come in with no prior programming knowledge and they can still make awesome projects at the end of the day.
2. My child has done some Scratch programming at school. Should he/she still attend this course?
If you’re not too sure how much your child knows about Scratch programming, email us a link to your child’s Scratch profile and we can take a look and advise you.
3. My child is younger than 7. Can he / she join?
Scratch was designed for 7-13 year olds but is used by people of all ages. Sadly, having a 6 year old in the same class as a 9 year old may not result in the best learning environment for the younger student. If your child is very keen, we can organise separate classes if there is a minimum of 4 participants. Please contact us directly to enquire.
4. I’ve enrolled my child, what will he/she need to bring?
We’ll provide all materials and equipment. You might wish to bring a drink, some light snacks and a jacket just in case your child gets cold or hungry.